Mass PIRG (UMass Dartmouth - MASSPIRG Students)
- The Massachusetts Public Interest Research Group is a student-run organization with a chapter at UMass Dartmouth. They seek solutions for real problems faced by students and the public. They run an affordable textbook campaign.
College Open Textbooks (http://collegeopentextbooks.org/)
A collection of colleges, governmental agencies, education non-profits, and other education-related organizations that are focused on the mission of driving the awareness and advocacy for open textbooks.
Provides training for instructors seeking to utilize open educational resources.
Make Textbooks Affordable (http://Maketextbooksaffordable.org)
- Aims to develop a textbook market with both a vibrant used book market and a plethora of learning content that is priced and sold fairly.
- Provides latest news, studies and solutions on cost of college textbooks; advocacy opportunities for professors and students.
Cape Town Open Education Declaration (http://www.capetowndeclaration.org/read-the-declaration)
- A statement of principle, a statement of strategy and a statement of commitment
- To spark dialogue, to inspire action and to help the open education movement grow
- To develop further strategies, especially around open technology and teaching practices
Open Education Community (https://creativecommons.org/tag/open-education-community/)
- Gateway to information about the open education movement and Open Educational Resources
- Intended for anyone interested in open education, the site provides links to resources, organizations, events, people, and more
OER Support from SPARC (Open Education - SPARC (sparcopen.org)
- SPARC®, the Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition, is an international alliance of academic and research libraries working to correct imbalances in the scholarly publishing system.
- This page highlights SPARC's work in supporting OER work.
Open Knowledge Foundation (http://www.okfn.org/)
- Promoting Open Knowledge in a Digital Age.
- Working on open knowledge projects, such as http://www.openeconomics.net/.
- Providing infrastructure, and potentially a home, for open knowledge projects, communities and resources.
- Acting at UK, European and international levels on open knowledge issues.
- Running open knowledge events.